Wednesday 7 January 2009

Passing it on to 'Fabulous' people!

Before anything, let me give you guys a BIG THANK YOU HUG! I was thrilled to find out that so many of you liked the vin chaud post and, probably, made some at home! I am no expert at that, but mine tasted just the way I wanted it to. How did yours go?

 

The ''addictions''!!! so, as it turns out, we fab ladies do share some of these fab addictions!! I do need to nominate 5 people to pass on this award, this is the part that I dread, frankly. I mean, there are so many of you, MUCH more deserving bloggers than Mme. 'D', how can I choose? 

 

Anyway, I am selecting a few bloggers whose recent posts have touched my life, made a difference to the way I think and look at things:

 

1. Vineeta's blog: artnlight. What an interesting blog! Such a passionate coming together of design, colour and photography in a fusion that educates and entertains. She takes us on a charming odessey of art discovery, weaving through both--the commonplace and the exotic (to her it matters little as long as it creates art!)--in a delicate, fashionable way and with so much heart. And this is what makes her journey her destination. The blog is a classy treat for a lover of art and design and i am really, really happy having found it. Keep nourishing it, Vineeta, for my sake! 

 

2. Archana's blog Rang :The Colours of Life. ''Rang'', as most of you would know already, means ''Colour'' in Hindi, also in Bengali for that matter. That words precisely describes Archana'sability to see colour and beauty in the simplest of things in life. I love spending hours on herFlickR as well. In fact, she has a blog dedicated to the glorious of a Cup of chai, what a treat that is, tea drinking irrespective! A cup of tea on my desk and Archana's extraordinary style of capturing the drink in all it's beauty! And as if this wasn't pampering enough, we are presented an amazing third, Rangdecor, a celebration of Indian design and decor. Arch, you  show me how one can discover life in every little corner, celebrate every cup of steaming tea..... the magic of capturing a moment and making it blossom.

 

3. Chandan's blog: Girlabouthome is an artistic  documentation of  her life, her perspectives, her love for beauty in the home. Another super place to find great photography and neat home arrangements. I see a mélange of Indian heritage and an  influence of the far-east in her lovely home. Thank you Chandan, your blog is a  very special place for us to visit!

 

4. Connie's blog: DirtyFootprintsStudio . Connie’s is a therapeutic, artful and a here-and-now blog. In it, she celebrates art, purposeful living, introspection, gratitude for what life has to offer. Her support for various causes -- women, vegetarianism, the environment, etc., makes this blog real and relevant. Her ideals, compassion, unconditional love and support make her an invaluable friend. (The video you made for Erica was one of the most wonderful expressions of love and freedom I have seen).

 

5. Sweetmango. The theme is the first thing that strikes me about her blog: it’s one of humanity and compassion. Sweetmango’s blog is a combination of exotic images, soulful music and poetry (my favourite is the one you posted from your Grandmother's diary). It transports you to a deeper, more meaningful place in your mind and heart. Namasté SM, you have always motivated me to do better. It has a pleasure to know you and to learn from you.

 

I  took a long time to make this post, last few days were very tight with my French lessons starting again. Yes, I am struggling every morning for four hours to better my grip of the language. I have two wonderful teachers and interesting, kind classmates. I say kind, because they sit through my french oral attempts without breaking out into hysterical laughter. Will try to post pics from class some time soon.

 

Love and Gratitude to you, who is reading this.

You motivate me, more than you probably realise or know.

You share your lives with me by letting me share mine with you.

You give me courage and make my life exciting, inspired.

Thank you.

 

Dithi.

6 comments:

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Aww! That is such a lovely post! Thanks!

Yes, I am amazed at the ability of the internet to bring creative people from around the world together!

Thanks again and keep doing the great work and keep sharing recipes;-)

Arch

Chandan said...

Hey Dee!
Thank you so much for this!. Coming from you, the compliment means a lot!!!
C

Connie said...

Dear Dee,

What you wrote about my blog had me in tears. It's funny. I don't think much of my blog...other then it's a place I share little tid-bits...to know that someone as awesome as yourself views it in such an admirable fashion--wow, that's the biggest award of all. SOOOO much love to you my friend--so much! Thank you.

Peace & Love.

Anonymous said...

के लिए आप दूसरों में मेरे दोस्त उसे खोजने के लिए तो यह आसान है, मानवता और दया आपके दिल में रहते हैं
Humanity and compassion live in your heart so it is easy for you to find it in others my friend.
I thank you for your kind words, you are a wonderful soul, a bright light in the lives of so many.
It is your friendship that is the true gift.
Namaste

Vineeta said...

Thanx so much!!! :) This is really a pleasant surprise! I've been out of town for the better part of last week & just catching up on my mails & blogging. And what do I see??!! :) I'm grinning ear to ear. You said so many good things about 'artnlight' & me!! BIG HUG! and I will make my post soon.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed this read so much. What a great writer you are? Thank you.

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger