Wednesday 18 June 2008

Art à la Serviette




''Tea time chit chat''


*SOLD*


This is interesting. Every time I go to the art supplies section (which is most Saturday afternoons) I would see a couple of ladies at a booth doing some craft work with the available products.

There is a section where they have beautiful paper towels and decorative papers ( and this is in the art section). On one of those weekend visits I saw these ladies were glueing cut outs from these tissue papers on to wooden plates and decorating them. I moved on to get my acrylic paints, brushes and canvas, etc.

Last Saturday when I went back, I took a closer look and I saw a range of special glues and varnishes available for the décopatch papers and the serviettes (napkins) along with brushes of different sizes. It was too much of a temptation for me when I saw this tea n coffee design. I had to work with these. I have brought a few décopatch papers and glue and will be using them in my paintings!!!!

Tell me what you think!

12 comments:

Connie said...

This is another great piece! It would be perfect...yes, absolutely perfect hanging in my kitchen!

Peace & Love.

nolaa gallery said...

love love love it! Great friends with coffee, tea, chat and each other.
I like using the different papers too, it makes the background so much more detailed.
very sweet!
jen

Dithi said...

I know it is the time of he day that I look forward to...LOL!!! And nthing like it if there is good company to go with it!

Dithi said...

ooof....I NEVER...almost never proof read before posting and therez always a typo.....in my previous comment post...


*THE
*NOTHING

Erica Herbert said...

cute! cute! aren;t papers fun!?
love~
e
p.s. i am grumpy & need to do some hard-core cardio & sweat out my attitude~ wish me luck!

jafabrit said...

I love how you did this, plus of course I like me tea :) so I like seeing the teacups.

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!! I also love your art and blog (I just found you). I can't wait to try napkins and tissue paper in my art. Shonna

Dithi said...

get 'em, glue 'em, wax 'em!!!

Erica Herbert said...

thanks for your well wishes sista~girl! i am workin on it~ doing some much needed SPACE-CLEARING today~...so far, my STUDIO, & laundry room~ oh! ther were SOOO BAD!...i can breath a bit deeper noW
Connie was so right~ how can i possibly make great art ~ or do peaceful yoga when my surroundins are chaotic!?!?
bleh!
your new painings are great by the way!
love,
eRiCa

Charlie said...

Love your art. And how fun to use those papers for the background.

nollyposh said...

Just wanted to "pop" in and say how much l love your "he-ART" and the stories your paintings tell ...Especially love the Lotus of survival tale... Truly beautiful Thankyou X:-) Vicki x

laurel said...

Love your ladies! Such big beautiful eyes. Almost wish my neck was that long. ;-)

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger